Jennifer had stayed silent for decades, but when she finally revealed to her family that she had been sexually abused as a child by a family member, she was silenced all over again. She shares her ongoing journey towards breaking the silence. Plus, Holly, a licensed psychologist, provides insight into child sexual abuse within the family.
- Island of Discarded Women Episode #17 was directed and produced by Sue Scott
- Special Guest is Jennifer Grimm – Mother of 4, professional musician and composer. Lives in the Twin Cities. www.jennifergrimm.com
- Additional guest is Holly Smart, a licensed Psychologist and registered Art Therapist who teaches art therapy courses at the Adler Graduate School including courses in grief and loss issues, children and adolescents and family systems. She has over 30 years of therapy experience working with children and families, as well as women impacted by complex trauma.
- “Easy Now” written and performed by Jennifer Grimm with husband, Joe Cruz on guitar.
- “Hush Now” lullaby written and performed by Jennifer Grimm
- Episode edited and mixed by Sue Scott. Mastered by Tony Axtell
- Assistance by Hannah McDonald